BaliNewsid

ASITA Bali Backs Immigration Crackdown on Foreigners Violating Rules

ASITA Bali Backs Immigration Crackdown on Foreigners Violating Rules

BALINEWSID.COM, BADUNG — The Association of Indonesian Tours and Travel Agencies (ASITA) Bali has welcomed the Ngurah Rai Immigration Office’s efforts to strengthen monitoring and take action against foreign nationals found to have violated Indonesian immigration regulations.

ASITA Bali Chairman I Putu Winastra said firm enforcement was necessary to ensure Bali remains a safe and comfortable destination for tourists visiting the island for legitimate travel purposes.

Winastra made the statement in response to the deportation of a Lithuanian national identified by the initials BR, who was found to have misused his immigration status by engaging in paid content creation and digital marketing activities.

“ASITA Bali welcomes the Immigration Office’s efforts in monitoring foreign nationals. Firm action is necessary, and foreigners who violate the rules should, when necessary, be deported. We strongly appreciate these measures,” Winastra said on Saturday (Aug. 15, 2026).

He stressed that monitoring foreign nationals should not only take place after violations occur. Regular supervision and inspections should be strengthened to ensure that foreigners in Bali conduct activities in accordance with their permits and applicable regulations.

“We hope there will be more frequent monitoring and control activities in the future so that foreigners who violate the rules will think twice before doing so. I believe this will also have a positive impact on tourists who genuinely come to Bali for holidays, as they will feel safer and more comfortable,” he said.

Winastra added that consistent immigration enforcement was important to provide legal certainty while maintaining Bali’s reputation as a safe international tourism destination.

Previously, the Ngurah Rai Immigration Office stated that BR entered Indonesia on May 7, 2026, using a Business Visit Visa. Following an investigation, immigration authorities found that BR had been working as a paid content creator and conducting digital marketing activities that were deemed inconsistent with the purpose of his immigration permit.

See also  Kuta Police Criminal Investigation Chief Tests Positive for Ecstasy, Bali Police Pledge Firm Action

As a result of the violation, BR was subjected to administrative immigration measures, including deportation and a five-year entry ban effective from Aug. 13, 2026.

The Ngurah Rai Immigration Office said it would continue to strengthen supervision of foreign nationals in Bali to safeguard security, public order and the comfort of tourism on the island.

Viewed 9 times

Related Posts

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — Chairman of the Bali Democratic Party Regional Executive Board (DPD) Made Mudarta has...

BALINEWSID.COM, ATAMBUA — The Atambua Class II Immigration Office has taken administrative immigration action by detaining...

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — Tutik Kusuma Wardhani, a member of Commission IX of the Indonesian House of...

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — The Bali Provincial Democratic Party continued its “Blue Sky, Beautiful Indonesia” environmental campaign...

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — Concern for victims of the earthquake in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), continues...

Discussion (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts