BaliNewsid

Gilimanuk-Mengwi Toll Road Plan Under Review, Investment Value Could Change

Gilimanuk-Mengwi Toll Road Plan Under Review, Investment Value Could Change

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — The Indonesian central government is reviewing the development scheme for the Gilimanuk-Mengwi Toll Road in Bali, a process that could alter the project’s previously estimated investment value of Rp12.7 trillion.

The evaluation includes a review of the project’s feasibility study (FS) and construction scheme. Under the latest proposal, the entire Gilimanuk-Mengwi route would no longer be developed as a toll road.

Head of Bali’s Public Works, Spatial Planning, Housing and Settlement Areas Agency (Purkim), Nusakti Yasa Wedha, said the central government is currently conducting the evaluation.

“The central government is currently conducting an evaluation, including preparations to review the feasibility study,” Nusakti said after attending the Independence Day ceremony at Renon, Denpasar, on Monday (Aug. 17, 2026).

Under the scheme being reviewed, the Gilimanuk-Pekutatan section, particularly in Jembrana Regency, would utilize the existing national road. The road is planned to be widened to improve connectivity between Gilimanuk and Pekutatan.

Meanwhile, the toll road construction would begin from Pekutatan and continue to Mengwi.

Nusakti emphasized that the proposal does not represent a change to the overall route, but rather a change in the development scheme.

“It is not the route that is changing, but the scheme. Previously, the entire route from Gilimanuk to Sembung or Mengwi was planned as a toll road. Part of the route from Gilimanuk, particularly to Pekutatan, will instead use the existing road, which will be widened,” he said.

The change is expected to affect the project’s investment requirements. Since the Gilimanuk-Pekutatan section would use an existing national road rather than being constructed entirely as a toll road, the investment value is expected to be recalculated.

See also  Bali Governor Warns of BKK Budget Cuts for Regions Failing to Manage Waste at the Source

Nusakti said he could not yet provide details on the potential reduction in investment.

“The value will change. The investment will be focused on the Pekutatan-Mengwi section, while the other section is a national road because it is part of the national road network,” he said.

The Gilimanuk-Mengwi Toll Road was previously estimated to require an investment of approximately Rp12.7 trillion.

The ongoing evaluation could also affect the project’s tender process. The central government is expected to determine the next stage of the project after completing its review of the feasibility study and finalizing the new development scheme.

Viewed 8 times

Related Posts

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — Chairman of the Bali Democratic Party Regional Executive Board (DPD) Made Mudarta has...

BALINEWSID.COM, ATAMBUA — The Atambua Class II Immigration Office has taken administrative immigration action by detaining...

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — Tutik Kusuma Wardhani, a member of Commission IX of the Indonesian House of...

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — The Bali Provincial Democratic Party continued its “Blue Sky, Beautiful Indonesia” environmental campaign...

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — Concern for victims of the earthquake in Flores, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), continues...

Discussion (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts