BaliNewsid

Bali Government Delays Demolition of Kelingking Glass Elevator Amid Court Lawsuit

Bali Government Delays Demolition of Kelingking Glass Elevator Amid Court Lawsuit

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR — The Bali Provincial Government has postponed the demolition of the glass elevator at Kelingking Beach in Nusa Penida, Klungkung Regency, despite a self-demolition deadline having been set for May 23, 2026.

The delay comes as the approximately 180-meter-high glass elevator remains under legal dispute at the State Administrative Court (PTUN).

Head of Bali Public Order Agency (Satpol PP), I Dewa Nyoman Rai Dharmadi, stated that the government must wait for a final and legally binding court ruling before taking further action against the structure.

“We are waiting for the PTUN court ruling to become legally binding first. The legal process is still ongoing. This is already the second lawsuit currently being processed in court,” Rai Dharmadi said on Wednesday (May 20, 2026).

According to him, the Bali Provincial Government respects the ongoing legal proceedings, meaning the handling of the glass elevator remains under status quo until the court issues a final verdict.

“We must wait until the legal process is completed. After that, we will prepare the next steps based on the court’s final ruling. For now, its status remains status quo,” he emphasized.

Rai Dharmadi also dismissed assumptions that the government was reluctant to dismantle the structure. He stressed that the issue is purely related to legal and administrative procedures that the government is obligated to follow.

“It is not a matter of whether we are brave enough to demolish it or not. Administratively, this can be resolved because it has already been included in the legal proceedings,” he explained.

He further clarified that the May 23, 2026 deadline was originally intended as the final notification period for voluntary demolition if no legal challenge had been filed by the glass elevator operator.

See also  Bali Prosecutors to Summon BTID Over Mangrove Land Swap Dispute in Jembrana and Karangasem

However, because the case is currently being contested in the PTUN, the government is legally required to wait for a final court decision before carrying out any demolition.

“If there had been no lawsuit, the situation would be different. Similar to the Sental case, which took more than a year, we only executed the demolition after the court ruling became final. That is how our legal mechanism works,” he said.

Viewed 6 times

Related Posts

BALINEWSID.COM, BADUNG – A major drug trafficking network operating inside Bali’s Kerobokan Penitentiary was uncovered after...

BALINEWSID.COM, BULELENG – Indonesia’s State Logistics Agency, Perum BULOG, has ensured that food security in Bali...

BALINEWSID.COM, DENPASAR – The Regional Executive Board of the People’s Movement Party (PGR) Bali Province has...

BALINEWSID.COM, TABANAN – The Bali Regional Executive Board of the Partai Solidaritas Indonesia (PSI) held a...

DENPASAR, BALINEWSID.COM – The Indonesian government, through the Directorate General of Immigration, has intensified surveillance on...

Discussion (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts